per adult (price varies by group size)
R 3 390,00
Lowest price guaranteeReserve now & pay laterFree cancellation
Start time: Check availability
Meets animal welfare guidelines
Live guide: German, Russian, Portuguese, English, French, Spanish
What's not included
- Private transportation to Hermanus (air-conditioned)
- Reservation for Whale watching boat trip in Hermanus (boat ticket US$ 60 excluded)
- Visit of one wine estate in the Hermanus region or Somerset West
- A superb wine tasting (up to 6 samples per tasting)
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Ticket for 2 hour Whale watching boat trip
- Departure details
- Traveller pickup is offered.
- Any address in Cape Town city.
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 21246P1
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travellers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- How much is Full-Day Whale Watching and Wine Tasting Tour from Cape Town?
- Full-Day Whale Watching and Wine Tasting Tour from Cape Town price starts from R 3 462,44. Discover and book Full-Day Whale Watching and Wine Tasting Tour from Cape Town on Tripadvisor
- What is the Full-Day Whale Watching and Wine Tasting Tour from Cape Town cancellation policy?
- Full-Day Whale Watching and Wine Tasting Tour from Cape Town cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Full-Day Whale Watching and Wine Tasting Tour from Cape Town on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides Full-Day Whale Watching and Wine Tasting Tour from Cape Town?
- Full-Day Whale Watching and Wine Tasting Tour from Cape Town is hosted by Irina Africa Tours and Safaris - Day Tours. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Irina Africa Tours and Safaris - Day Tours on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Full-Day Whale Watching and Wine Tasting Tour from Cape Town on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 21246P1
Reserve your spot
- You'll get picked upSee departure details
- 1HermanusStop: 9 hoursSee details
- 2HermanusStop: 90 minutesSee details
- You'll return to the starting point
About the operator
Irina Africa Tours and Safaris - Day Tours
Joined in July 2012
#116 of 598 Outdoor Activities in Cape Town Central
- Tomasz G00Had it not been for details...The offer of RS Irina Africa Safaris seems pretty attractive, especially for an independent traveler with some experience. We have traveled quite a lot on all continents (excluding Antarctica), so considered ourselves suit for a Namibia/Botswana self-drive safari. The itinerary was entirely satisfactory for us and included such gems as Skeleton Coast, Etosha and Okavango Delta. I’d like to make clear that we have had considerable experience with driving in rough conditions, when help and assistance are not necessarily at hand. We drove on our own over long distances in South Africa, Bolivia, Ecuador, Argentina and several other countries. Had it not been for details, we might say that our tour, which took place in July/August 2018, was entirely successful. However, as a result of some neglects of the tour organizer, we failed to complete the itinerary and bore additional (and not negligible) costs – in all, about 600 EUR. First mishap occurred when visiting Victoria Falls. We arrived from Livingstone, Zambia, only to find out that our booked hotel is in Zimbabwe. We had not been told this! Given the fact that border crossing in Africa is not necessarily fast and easy (it took us 2.5 hours to enter Zambia from Namibia), this was not just a trifle. Had we been informed, we would have revised our planning. At the Camp Savuti, Botswana, our plan included an early breakfast, then safari (about four hours), lunch and then to Xobega in the Okavango Delta, one of the highlights. We departed at about noon. We had to rely on the GPS, as almost all roads are unpaved and unmarked. After getting stuck in sand and forced to ford small streams (all following the GPS indications), we finally found ourselves in a small village where nobody could tell as where Xobega was. We asked locals and guides, but to no avail; surely Xobega was long way off. The coordinates given to us were erroneous by a few dozen kilometers. It began to get dark, so we had to find a place to stay there, of course at extra costs. In the morning still there was no sign of Xobega, so – much to our disapproval – we decided to head to our next destination, Ghanzi, Botswana. Only there we finally understood that in fact we’ve had some luck! Our next destination was Windhoek, over 500 km away. According to our itinerary, we had to cover this distance, return our car, get the airport transfer and be there in time for boarding! Given the fact that this journey included border crossing, we’d probably have to get up about 3 am, in the country where night driving is not recommended and border crossing might take an unpredictable time. Fortunately, we managed to find a place to stay near Windhoek; otherwise we might have easily missed our plane. Shortly after our arrival home, we sent an email message to the organizer, asking for explanation. We were told that we should have installed some free map app (how could we know that?!) and buy a local SIM card (?!). We were also informed that the travel to Xobega involved a 45 min boat trip from some Mboma Boat Station, of which we had not been informed (coordinates were also missing). Possibly it had been assumed that we had some sort of the sixth sense, which we unfortunately had not. At a glance, the itinerary was fantastic. With the experience we have now, however, we truly recommend this only to real natural-born ironsides with some survival record.
- michiebenanders00wonderful guide, wonderful tour, time however too shortWe had a wonderful and great tour-guide. Gonzalo was dedicated to share as much and as interesting information as possible. He was able to align with our interest easily and we had a wonderful time together. The area and its nature is great in on its own. Gonzalo helped us to understand it. He was proof to the thesis, that the tour-guide makes a difference. Thx Gonzalez. It is a pity, that the time is too short to digest all the insights and the impressions (this is why only 4 stars-rating), but I guess this is the trend in general for tourist tours. Next time I'll schedule at least half a day for the cape alone. The agency was very helpful in adjusting the schedule for my trips as whale watching had to be re-scheduled so I needed to re-shuffle the schedule for my trip to Cape-Town.
- Salvatore M00Wonderful TripMy wife and I enjoyed Reinhard’s company for 2 days in Cape Town. Day 1 was this tour (shown) and Day 2 was a spontaneous add-on to Inverdoorn, a wildlife refuge for a day safari trip. We could not have been happier with our host Reinhard, and would not hesitate to book with him again if we are back there someday. He is honest, worked hard to give us a great excursion, and was a real pleasure to be around. He has extensive knowledge of the area and took a genuine interest in us. Don’t hesitate, these are good people. 👍🏻A++
- Patty G00Great tour!I went to Cape Town for short time and took a private day tour. My reservation was a last minute, so I didnt know what to expect... Reinhart show me the best spots, he managed the time to give me the best experience, he was kind and nice! Thanks for a wonderful tour!
- Irina P00an instructive tour with a personal touchIt was a great tour which made us fall in love with the country. Irina is an excellent driver, a very good guide and a nice person. One of the tour's strengths is its great flexibility. We had an amazing itinerary but it could be adjusted and slightly amended depending on the circumstances. Highest score!
- Екатерина К00The best journey in lifeI visited South Africa with Irina Africa in December 2017. One week on Safari in Greater Kruger was the best timing in my life! The Garden Route was beautiful, bright, comfortable and tasty! I plan to visit South Africa more and more. Thank you so much, Irina Africa, for incredible experience!
- mikhail3000Simply The BestUnforgettable, amazing trip. Logistics, hotels, restaurants the whole journey was so good!!! Irina planned and executed everything perfectly! We became friends! Thank you Irina!!!
- efong2200Amazing wine tourReinhard was an amazing guide - professional and knowledgeable. We visited wineries that had beautiful views and delicious wine. In addition, Reinhard booked a fantastic lunch for us. My day on this wine tour was - literally- the highlight of my trip to South Africa. I can't say enough positive things and if I book another trip it will absolutely be with Reinhard!
- Sinan4000Unforgettable ExperinceWe booked a guided tour from Cape Town to Windhoek with Irina. It was an unfogettable and very interesting trip. Reinhard knows a lot about the animals and Namibias history. We were surprised how green Namibia is in March. Thank you Reinhard!
- erinambersmith00UnforgettableI’ve done many guided tours in several parts of the world, but none like this. When he arrived, our guide Reinhard clearly didn’t know the planned itinerary, and had to ask us. Guides tend to be chatty - sometimes a little too much - but they will always come up with gems of local knowledge and interesting factoids. Not Reinhard: he didn’t say much, but when he did his comments were mostly made up of his political views. He had much to say about Muslims, Jews and Blacks, all of it enlightening but none of it particularly positive. I’d like to say that we felt right at home, but as an openly lesbian couple Reinhard’s less than “rainbow” views kept us on the edge of our seats throughout. In hindsight it’s almost comical; at the time, less so. And then there was the route marching: whenever we got out of the car, Reinhard would stride off ahead, leaving us in the dust. He knew where he was going; unfortunately we didn’t. My girlfriend injured her leg trying to keep up. But we got our own back in the end by enjoying an excellent wine tasting experience - after we’d ordered him to wait in the car. Unforgettable.
- Alex S00The perfect way to experience Cape Town!What a great experience! We only had two days to see penguins, whales, beaches, vineyards, different areas and all that Cape Town had to offer and Reinhart did an incredible job at taking us around and showing us the best spots only a local would know about. I know that we had a demanding schedule, and I was unsure if it everything would be possible - but it was all amazing and the service was A+ - highly recommended!
- corinhopkin00Canadian Driving Tour of NamibiaWe travelled through Namibia for 8 nights using a Helix Toyota 4x4 on a self-drive safari that was organized by Irina. We had a fantastic experience with our two kids aged 7 and 11 and saw a unique country full of surprising sites and adventures. Although we were very isolated at times on some very remote roads, we didn't feel at any risk. The vehicle we had was very robust including a double gas tank to ensure there were no issues on the more remote parts of the treck. Irinia we great at picking the sites that would suit us for the length of daily drive that our kids would tolerate. Each site was very accommodating, friendly and well set up for our young family. There was one or two small surprises but we sorted it out with the help of Irina. If you are uncertain at all about how to arrange a self drive safari yourself, this is the way to go.
- Nik L00Everything was perfect!!!!!!!During our stay, from the beginning till the end, everything was going smooth and without any problems) we had a really great time and our guide was always helping us. The tour was unbelievably interesting and informative) thank you Irina Africa!!!!!!! We will definitely use your service one more time!)
- larisa25200UNFORGETTABLE AFRICAWe spent three unforgettable weeks first in Capetown and then travelling along the south coast of South Africa. The tour was excellently organized and we enjoyed every day of our stay in Africa. Our guide Irina does her work perfectly and all her explanations are worth listening! She is a real expert in everything she does! We are sure that we will certainly turn to IRINA AFRICA TOURS and SAFARIS the next time we arrive in Africa. We recommend everybody this tour agency.
- niknik6700Trip to South AfricaExcellently. The trip is organized and planned is magnificent. We received many good impressions and saw beautiful places in Cape Town. I recommend.
Detailed Reviews: Reviews order informed by descriptiveness of user-identified themes such as cleanliness, atmosphere, general tips and location information.
Great trip. Our tour guide was prompt and courteous. The winery fantastic and chosen lunch just what was needed. The whale watching was tops. We enjoyed the entire day
Written 12 September 2022
This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews as part of our industry-leading trust & safety standards. Read our transparency report to learn more.