View all photos (11)
Likely To Sell Out
Select Date and Travellers
Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
- All food and water provided - snacks, light lunch, tea and coffee, water.
- All equipment - mountain bikes / eBikes, helmets and other safety gear, racks and a pannier bag.
- All transport - shuttles to and from your hotel / pickup point, and any other transports required throughout day.
- Knowledgeable and friendly host, who will provide information regarding the trail and what to expect throughout the day.
- All taxes/fees are included in the headline price - no hidden extras.
- Bottled water
- Excludes on-trail guide - you will be shuttled to/from each location and briefed on the trail.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Please provide the following at time of booking, so we can make sure your day goes smoothly:
- Info regarding your dietary requirements - eg "no seafood please", "gluten free", "vegetarian"
- Your approximate height (for bike sizing) - inches or cm are fine.
- The address that you would like our shuttle to pick you up from at 9am - anywhere in Wellington or the Hutt Valley is fine
- Trips are subject to favourable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund at your discretion.
- Minimum age is 12
- Minimum of 2 people per booking
- Maximum of 12 people per booking
- Please wear appropriate clothing for outdoor activity. During the warmer months, this means shorts and a t-shirt for riding, and a light jacket in reserve. During the colder months you may prefer long pants or tights (nothing baggy that may catch on the bike!), with a tshirt, fleece and light jacket in reserve. Closed shoes - running shoes are perfect - must be worn at all times.
- Near public transportation
- Travellers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travellers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
Service was exactly as described. Bikes and lunch very satisfactory, Dave a lovely host. Wellington coast a real surprise to me, beautiful, remote and would do again on a sunny day, only aspect which was beyond Dave's control! :-) Thoroughly recommended.
Date of experience: October 2018
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travellers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This experience only has a few reviews, but you can read what other travellers have to say about the operator.
By: Cycle Remutaka
A wonderful three days
Dave organised a great 3 day ride for us. The bikes we hired were excellent. The accomodation was top notch, with …
Excellent service support & attitude
Dave couldn’t have been more available and easy to deal with leading up to and during this amazing trip. No request…
An epic trip on the Remutaka Cycle Trail! Thanks Cycle Remutaka!
My mum and I recently completed the 3 day trip on the Remutaka Cycle Trail - starting at Days Bay and finishing at …
Great, friendly and flexible service!
We hired bikes for the Rimutaka Cycle Trail rather than booking a tour, but the team could not have been more helpf…
Fantastic Remutaka Rail Trail Trip
We did a 3 day hire starting and finishing at Petone Wharf, including a day in Martinborough. We organised the tri…
All inclusive Remutuka circuit
This was a fully organised adventure through a variety of wonderful landscapes and cycle trail type. Some parts mor…
Dave and his team are super kind, generous, helpful and organised our 3 day ‘works’ Remutaka Trail cycle perfectly.…
A great 3 days in the saddle
My wife Nicki and I recently completed the Remutaka Cycle Trail from Days Bay. We did the trail over 3 days, which …
Great company to help organise your experience
We recently completed the 3 day cycle trail leaving from Days Bay with the intention of doing the full circuit and …
Three friends and I did the Remutaka Rail Trail over New Years, with a detour to Martinborough. We originally plann…
Excellent service and great for group tours!
Dave has assisted me with two tour groups this year for not just bikes, but also transport to/from the trail and pr…
Did the circle Day's Bay, Lower Hutt, Ocean Beach and back around the coast to Days Bay
Excellent. The standard of serve and follow up could not be faulted. A little tough going back into the wind toward…
Sensational Two Day Trip
What a great trip - and excellent service from Dave. Left from Upper Hutt - over the Remutaka Incline - a night ne…
Excellent Service with Cycle Remutaka
We hired e bikes with Dave to do the Remutaka cycle trail. In the beginning when it was an idea, we needed help to …
A great Day out
A great day out. Dave was friendly, helpful and made sure we had an awesome day. The trail is an easy ride, but the…
- Cycle Remutaka
- Duration: 24h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Hotel Pickup
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+1 855 275 5071